Tuesday, May 12, 2009

STAR PROTECTION INC.

2002:FIRST AFFAIR - THE LOCAL FEMALE M O.

After what is a period of what can be called normalcy in the job, I have occasion to ask a morning employee at Denny's if she is that shift's manager. She responds in the negative and in a very terse and negative fashion, telling me not to ask her anything else. After walking away from the situation,to give said lady time to compose herself, I return and inquire why she would address me in such a rude way when as far as I know, we don't know each other and have never met. She becomes somewhat flustered and says something unintelligible. So Seeing this is not going to be resolved I leave, hoping I don't have to have much interaction with her.

Next thing you know I'm getting a call on the radio from the base offices telling me to report there. There I'm informed that there has been a complaint by a Denny's employee that I was "threatening" toward HER (sound familiar). The "BRASS" wants to counsel me on dealing with people. I insist I wasn't speaking or acting in a "threatening" manner and I decline the counseling.

I am informed by Douglas that if I don't take the counseling I will have to quit or be fired. I choose the resignation.

This seems to be a ruse that has been used more that once successfully by local females here in Hawaii. Seems they and anyone they complain to, buy into the idea of Black men as "threatening".



Vernon Balmer Jr.



2005:THE COFFIN NAIL, DON'T GO BACK:

This time stationed at a high - rise in Chinatown, despite requesting overnight post where all one has to do is keep everything locked. I am trained by a lady tells me we patrol 32 floors every hour. Whenever I return there is someone, usually the manager, at the station, requesting some chore. This is in addition to recording license numbers of cars parked over the time limit; responding to guests and tenants parking problems; patroling the ground floor and perimeter,laundry room, and pool: writing reports after patrol; trying to keep people in Chinatown from "tailgating" into the building (lucky I got away without being accused of assualt or battery here). All this, in the fifteen minutes left after trying to fly through 32 floors of patrol, even without vissitudes.... YEEAAAAH, RIGHT!

I actually tried to do this well

.




Another request to submit to counseling. This time instead of going to the office to see about requests for transfer, which I had inquired about repeatedly, they have this little set-up waiting.

Paid me the same 8.00 I was hired for 3 years prior.


UPDATE: May 26, 2009

At closing, I inform a star guard (BLACK OR AFRICAN AMERICAN)today, at the library, there is a backpack left on the walkway above the courtyard. I get a most curious response. She says, "You didn't find it?". I proceed to tell her someone left it under the table. This time she responds, "Okay, I'll take care of it for you."



tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScaryBlackMan

Most recently: 06/27/2009

The female guard, at the Pacific Guardian (Kapi'olani & Ke'eaumoku)
must have spied me fixing my shoes on the steps facing Ke'eaumoku.



From a previous passing, I recognized her to be the one that trained me at the high-rise in Chinatown.

She says I cannot "remain" on the steps. I tell her I will only be a short time just to fix the cardboard in my shoe, and to call the police if she has to.

I fix my shoes in approx. 3 minutes while I see her talking into her redio. I just don't hear any words.

I leave the steps inquiring when she has last been to Chinatown. She tells me to "Kiss her white ass" ( looked Samoan to me)not the ass but her facial features. This brings a hearty "Creep" from me.

This in turn brings the old "Honolulu security guard response", ala Securitas' Solomona Savea, "Ni--er!"

While walking Ewa on Kapi'olani, between Kona Iki and Piikoi, I hear sirens and then see a few police cars coming towards me. Thinking Ms. Star did in fact call police because someone was sitting on the step fixing their shoe for a few minutes, I stop and wait for the routine.

I walk towards the officer coming towards me and am surprised to hear they have been told someone was "waving a knife at the security guard". After I turn over the situation in my mind, I realize it was the recorder I held in front of her, while asking her to repeat the racial slur, which she does thrice more, doing Savea one better, with the same venom, but at a more modest volume.

>

I get a report number from the police to see if it was she or someone witnessing the interaction, that saw the short black man with the big scarry knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment